Cynthia and George Mitchell Foundation
e-Lab Forge: Texas 2019
September 16-18, 2019
Lakeway, Texas (near Austin)
A workshop to accelerate distributed clean energy in Texas
What Is e-Lab Forge: Texas 2019?
e-Lab Forge: Texas 2019 is an invitation-only facilitated workshop for multistakeholder teams with high-potential ideas and projects that advance clean energy at the distribution edge in Texas. Rocky Mountain Institute will convene the event in September 2019, working with Texas Clean Energy Coalition (TCEC) on team recruitment, event logistics, and communications.
What Does e-Lab Forge: Texas 2019 Offer?
e-Lab Forge: Texas 2019 will be a work session with a highly interactive agenda and expert facilitation to provide tools and training that will help each team advance their project or initiative, and test new ideas. Distinguished faculty members from Texas and nationwide, as well as RMI staff, will serve as coaches to e-Lab Forge: Texas 2019 teams.
Topics for e-Lab Forge: Texas 2019
- Scaled deployment of distributed solar + storage in co-op and municipal utility territories: projects to accelerate distribution-scale solar or battery storage among Texas rural electric cooperatives (co-ops) and municipal utilities.
- Innovative market solutions for distributed solar and storage in competitive retail regions of ERCOT: projects to advance promising and scalable ideas for solar in competitive retail regions of the ERCOT market.
- Community resilience through distributed clean energy: projects that use clean energy to enhance the resilience of communities in the face of major disruptions.
- Business models for low- and moderate-income household access to distributed clean energy resources: projects that connect LMI households and communities to distributed clean energy.
- Other ideas and projects that support distributed clean energy resources in Texas: other solutions that accelerate the deployment of cost-effective distributed clean energy across Texas.
Apply for e-Lab Forge: Texas 2019
This year’s e-Lab Forge: Texas 2019 will take place between September 16–18, 2019, in Lakeway, Texas (near Austin). Team applications will be accepted through July 9, 2019.
RMI invites applications from teams comprised of participants who reflect diverse perspectives, including, for example, entrepreneurs, nonprofit and private-sector professionals, and representatives of utilities (including rural electric cooperatives and municipal utilities), community-based organizations, and local and state governments.
To apply, download and fill out this application form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline has been extended to July 9, 2019. Early applications are encouraged and RMI will provide feedback on any draft application submitted prior to June 28th.