Ana Sophia is a Senior Associate within the Rocky Mountain Institute’s (RMI) Building Electrification team where she works with cities and states to eliminate the use of fossil fuels in buildings.
Previously at RMI, Ana Sophia worked on the Islands Energy Program to reduce the dependence on costly fossil fuels in Caribbean islands. As a part of this program, she completed integrated resource plans in partnership with small governments and their utilities. Ana Sophia also supported RMI’s work in Puerto Rico, helping to develop a variety of programs that promote resilience for Puerto Rico’s energy infrastructure including managing RMI’s Puerto Rico Renewable Microgrid Schools project — installing microgrids in 10 schools to improve electricity stability and ensure uninterrupted access to education for thousands of school-aged children in Puerto Rico. Furthermore, Ana Sophia worked on a variety of electric mobility initiatives, including an electric bus pilot in Bermuda and a feasibility study for the government of Saint Lucia’s vehicle fleet.
B.S. Environmental System Engineering, Stanford University
- – Green Biz 2019 30 under 30: https://www.greenbiz.com/article/2019-greenbiz-30-under-30
- – Forbes 2019 30 under 30: https://www.forbes.com/profile/ana-sophia-mifsud/
ADDITIONAL LINKS OF PUBLICATIONS
- – Utility Dive:https://www.utilitydive.com/news/monetizing-microgids-utilities-are-missing-a-unique-opportunity/560277/
- – Microgrid Knowledge: https://microgridknowledge.com/school-microgrids-puerto-rico-rmi/
- – Podcast: https://www.freeingenergy.com/podcast-026-ana-sophia-mifsud-her-story-from-ground-zero-shaping-the-energy-future-of-puerto-rico-with-microgrids/
- – Virgin: https://www.virgin.com/virgin-unite/young-woman-powering-global-energy-transition
TWITTER HANDLE: @anasophia-mifsud
New York City
WHAT MAKES YOU MOST PROUD ABOUT WORKING AT RMI?
“I’m proud to be working on some of the world’s most challenging problems with a diverse and passionate team.”